Katelyn hails from a small town on Lake St Clair, just a short drive from Lakes Huron and Erie. She has always loved water and could never imagine living away from it, so of course, when moving to Toronto she had to be near the beach. An early love of movement brought her to gymnastics and the subsequent injuries brought her to the practice of yoga.
Katelyn has been practicing yoga for 12 years and has been teaching for ten of them. She started by embracing the fundamental strength and conditioning that a powerful yoga practice could offer her, without a high risk of injury, and still loves helping students find strength to this day. Over the years (and some injuries from life adventures) she began to embrace the healing and mobility aspects of a yoga practice and completed her 500 hour certificate in Yin Yoga. Now she is all about the fine balance of flexibility and strength and
hopes to help her students bring that off of their mats and into their lives.
- Most played childhood video game? Mario-kart and Mortal Kombat
- Pineapple on pizza? Yes, but get that ham off of there
- Is a hotdog a sandwich? Nope.
- Most memorable movie? What's Eating Gilbert Grape (for the being stuck in a small town,
but it's kind of beautiful vibes)
- What era would you travel to? I would want to see what the matriarchal tribes were about
- Kindred spirit? Dolphins